Monday, January 31, 2005

Jesus Hates Yoga...

Jesus Hates Yoga. bible.com offers us enlightenment about Insanity inducing Yoga. What if someone does Yoga stoned? Do they get Yoga-Reefer Madness and become very flexible murderous heroin addicts?



What Does the Bible Say About Yoga?
by Michael Sharif
Yoga is pervasive. Yoga is in the east and the west. Yoga classes are offered in Central Africa, in Russia, in Australia. Flyers for yoga are on university bulletin boards, in health food stores, in the elevators of high rise apartment buildings in downtown Los Angeles, and even as part of some YMCA physical education programs. Is yoga merely a physical exercise?
(Cut)
Yoga is marketed in the guise of an innocent, healthful technique, but it is far from it. H.Rieker Warns: "Yoga is not a trifling jest if we consider that any misunderstanding in the practice of yoga can mean death or insanity," and that if the breath is "prematurely exhausted, there is immediate danger of death for the yogi" (Rieker, The Yoga of Light (Los Angeles: Dawn House) 1974, P. 135). Blackouts, strange trance states, or insanity are listed from even "the slightest mistake" of practicing yoga. Swami Prabhavananda's Yoga and Mysticism lists brain injury, incurable disease, and insanity as potential hazards of wrong yoga practice.


Nutjobs are everywhere.



5 comments:

  1. Yeah, well I suck at Yoga, and have attempted to perform it many times unsuccessfully. So, you would think by now that I would have committed a FATAL Yoga manuever, and no longer be with us. Must be the luck of the Scottish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a Yoga for abs routine once and found it to be very ineffective, like I hadnt even exercised. I was like 'okay, the stretchings over...are we going to do anything else?'. But it was all just stretching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a committed Christian and experienced Yoga practitioner, I found this stuff absolutely hilarious -- and sadly tragic. I ended up blogging about it, too...thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took yoga classes for a couple of years. One day a co-worker whispered to me..."I'd take yoga, too, except my boyfriend thinks it is Satanic."

    ???

    I'm happy to report I am not possessed (by my definition). Some thumpers would disapree I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for looking up stuff in the Bible, www.biblegateway.com is the best.

    ReplyDelete