Thursday, June 23, 2005

Karl Rove and the Silence of my Congressmen...

So, Karl Rove said the following on Wednesday.

Via Blogoland:

Karl Rove was in Manhattan the other day, and here are some of the delightful things he had to say:


Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.



Not red meat enough for you? Wait, there's more!


Mr. Rove also said American armed forces overseas were in more jeopardy as a result of remarks last week by Senator Richard J. Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, who compared American mistreatment of detainees to the acts of "Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime - Pol Pot or others."

"Has there ever been a more revealing moment this year?" Mr. Rove asked. "Let me just put this in fairly simple terms: Al Jazeera now broadcasts the words of Senator Durbin to the Mideast, certainly putting our troops in greater danger. No more needs to be said about the motives of liberals."


So there you go. Liberals: their only intent is getting our troops killed.


Well, I called to find out if my Congressmen felt that Karl Rove was speaking for them.

Essentially, my questions was, “Karl Rove says the motive of liberals to make sure more American Soldiers die. Does the Senator/Congressman agree with this statement? If they do not, do they plan on publicly calling for Karl Rove to apologize or resign?”


Sen. Inhofe’s office: He’s been in meetings all day and hasn’t had an opportunity to express an opinion.

Sen. Coburn’s office: Our media guy is out for the day, would you like to leave him a voicemail?

Rep. Istook’s office: Uh, I have no idea. Can I take you’re name and address and have someone contact you? (I insisted they take my phone number as well.)

I'm still waiting for answer from ANYONE.

I'll let you know if they come out of hiding.

-The Oklahoma Hippy

3 comments:

  1. Al-Jazeera has been given the boot in Iraq. Mr. Rove is doing his best to silence the press in this country. At the same time he is making outrageous statements (alienating half of America) accusing them of sedition.

    I thought freedom of speech was the building block of democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freedom of speech? Freedom of speech, freedom of speech... Oh, yeah, I remember that. It's since been replaced with "free speech zones".

    Any word from your Congressmen, Hippie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still only static on the shortwave...

    I'm going to call them again on Monday.

    ReplyDelete