Tuesday, June 28, 2005

War of the Worlds...

I haven't seen anyone discussing this, so I just thought I would throw this out there for anyone paying attention.

The aliens in War of the Worlds are supposed to represent terrorism.

I really feel we give terrorists too much credit when it comes to their organization and capabilities.

The really sad thing, and it's what we haven't really addressed, is that the September 11th terrorist attacks were accomplished with really little more than a credit card and an online travel agent.

One day, when the hysteria is over, that is going to be put in perspective.

It's horrible. It's tragic. Our retribution in Afghanistan was justified and righteous. I was proud to call George W. Bush my President when those first boots hit the ground in Cabal. Fuck the Taliban. Fuck them in their stupid asses.

That being said, none of it means that the September 11th hijackers were criminal/terrorist geniuses.

Just food for thought.

-The Oklahoma Hippy

3 comments:

  1. A mate brought this blog to my attention..

    ...

    ..

    ...you realise that WoW came over 100 years before 9/11 happened.. right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do. I was speaking about the specific nature of the visuals in this particular incarnation.

    What this movie represents to us at this time is the threat of "international terrorism."

    It's the idiom of the moment you could say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea. That comparison brings to mind another word begining with 'id'. Care to guess what it is?

    ReplyDelete