Sunday, August 28, 2005

The National Guard...

I am sitting here thinking about the possibility that New Orleans may be facing an unbelievable calamity, and what gets me are all the people in the Superdome. These are people who cannot leave due to financial or transportation issues for the most part.

They are gathered in the Superdome, hoping it is strong enough to endure what is about to happen to me.

In contrast to that I am thinking of how President Bush took to the airwaves today to show that he's on top of the situation and made clear to everyone in New Orleans that there was a hurricane on the way and it was going to be bad, so they should get out of the way.

I thought perhaps he should have been federalizing the National Guard troops in Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri to order them into New Orleans to get those people out. I kept asking myself why he wasn't doing that.

Then I realized... They're in Iraq.

If anyone dies because they couldn't get out of the city, I want you to think about what this war has cost us. I want you to think about the incompetence of the leadership in Executive Branch of the federal government.

Pray for the Gulf Coast tonight. They're going to need it.

-The Oklahoma Hippy

2 comments: