Sunday, November 13, 2005

Dear San Francisco...

From the November 8 broadcast of Fox News' The Radio Factor with Bill O'Reilly:

O'REILLY: Hey, you know, if you want to ban military recruiting, fine, but I'm not going to give you another nickel of federal money. You know, if I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say, "Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead."

And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead.


Many people, myself included have made a point of saying that Bill O'Reilly had really outdone himself this time. I called him an asshole.

It seems enough people have voiced this opinion that O'Reilly felt the need to respond:

I mean, look, everybody knows what’s going on there. What I said isn’t controversial. What I said needed to be said. I’m sitting here and I’m looking at a city that has absolutely no clue about what the world is. None. You know, if you had been hit on 9/11 instead of New York, believe me, you would not have voted against military recruting. Yet the left-wing, selfish, Land of Oz philosophy that the media and the city politicians have embraced out there is an absolute intellectual disgrace.


Yes. Bill O'Reilly is an ASSHOLE.

-The Oklahoma Hippy

1 comment:

  1. Is Bill O'Reilly what you say he is? Most Likely. Does what he say about San Francisco have loud rings of truth to it? Most Definitly. They are crazy. I'll repeat myself. They are crazy. And no this isnt a conservative bashing a liberal city, it is simply a command of the obvious fact that going out of your way to cripple your nations army is not only foolish but shameful. You dont see Boston taking such measures, or Vermont's Montpelier. Why? Because regardless of their political demograph they are run by competent people. If you think GWB's war in Iraq is costly and stupid, fine, you're in agreement with 1/3 of the country and most of the world. WRITE TO CONGRESS: you can ask them to withold funds from the war effort and bring home our soldiers or lobby your congress men and women to demand policy changes that will actually effect the situation.

    ReplyDelete