Thursday, December 15, 2005

Special Guest Blogger: Uncle Larry

Dear Hippy and Hippy's Wife

While [my wife] and I were staying in downtown Philadelphia over this past weekend, I became aware that Bush would be giving yet another "Sorry we messed up but stay the course anyway" speech at noon on Monday in a hotel three blocks from ours. The rest of this account is not all that exciting - it's not like I got arrested or anything - but I'm still pumped.

The speech didn't change my plans to take the subway to South Philly that morning, but on the way back I was wondering if the station, which is directly in front of his destination, would even be open. It was, and I surfaced into the middle of a crowd of protesters. It was great! I wish I had had a sign too! But I took pictures of my favorite anti-Bush signs and their owners. Did I mention is was so great to be amongst them!

I contrast last Monday with an afternoon in 1959 when some high school buddies and I went to hear President Eisenhower give a speech at Fort Ligonier (PA). I'm sure we were rowdy and self-absorbed, but also respectful of the man and office and proud to be in the crowd. Which is how it should be - and will be again someday, God willing.

-Uncle Larry

2 comments:

  1. I'm tired of all you Leftist Weirdos! Just shut up and stop talking right...now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach On Uncle Larry!
    Oh and to all the anonymous shickin
    hawks out there a list of things to do:
    1.Sober Up and Seek help for the multiple dependencie's.
    2.Visit you healthcare provider near You,which includes but is not limited to,A.Barber,Get rid of the mullet,Ape Drape,Kentuckey Waterfall,etc.B.Dentist,C.Shower,D.Health and Beauty aisle at local Wal-Mart.Get these things exactly:Bar Soap(preferably Deoderant type)Toothpaste(if You have teeth)and Floss comes in a little white box or use convenient flossers.,E.Toilet paper,2 ply is usually adequate for most cling-ons,F.Deoderant(I prefer the gel type)And NO it does'nt cause Fucking Cancer like the guys at the
    salvation army shelter say it does.
    ,G.Odor Eaters(Go into your Military surplus Boots)add tinactin or other anti-fungal as needed for the feet or groin area.
    3.Now that You are groomed visit library for aquisition of a pell-grant or other government education loan if you lack a high school diploma a G.E.D is available
    for the price of a few tricks at the local truck stop.
    4.Attend buisness school.
    5.Get an actual job that does not require knee pads.
    6.enroll in Medical and dental insurance.
    7.Aquire a car or Truck if You must at your local Tote-The-Note.
    8.Attend Self enrichment classes.
    9.Volunteer for Community service or become politically active.
    10.Read Books.
    11.Read Real Books.
    12.Read some more.
    See there You can become a Left Wing,Commie,Jesus Hatin',Elitest,Coward,Gay Lovin',Gun Hatin',Tree Huggin',Tofu Fartin',Over Hung,Sax Playin'Tin Foil Wearin'and say it with vitreol and ad hominem....... Liberal.
    Dont look at Me I was smart enough to become a liberal during the corporate give-ways and Fuck everybody else days of St.Alzheimer,Ahem Reagan.

    ReplyDelete