Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happiness is found in the simple things...

It's actually quite amazing how things change so quickly. My entire life I have been resistant to change, carefully avoiding anything that might upset the precarious balance of emotional stability that allowed me to function. I didn't like changes to my environment, even if the changes we positive.
I am happy to report that dealing with change has become a farr less scary prospect for me of late. Situations in my life have changed, and I have changed. Some of these changes have been full scale life changes. Some of them have been almost trivial.
I don't wish to under play the sense of loss I feel, for it is very real. But, for the first time ever in my life, I feel in control of my life, my environment, my emotions, and my future.
The life I have lived has made me who I am, and I am grateful for it. For everyone who has ever wished for me to be happy and healthy, you need to know that I am doing better than I ever have been. And that, hopefully, makes you happy in turn.

-The Oklahoma Hippy

No comments:

Post a Comment