Monday, August 11, 2008

Life evolves...

I am not a father. While I have no doubt that fatherhood awaits me at some point in the future, it remains a joy that I have not yet encountered.

I once had someone tell me that reading the bible in english is like looking at a picture of he ocean, while reading the bible in greek is like swimming in the ocean.

Thought the context is different, that analogy comes to mind when I think about
Jaz staying with us.

She is almost 16, and she goes through everything that comes with that. Boys, school, worrying about her mom and dad...

And watching all of that, I just want her to be happy. I want to hear her laugh and see her in the moments when she forgets to worry.

It's like looking at a picture of fatherhood. I already find it a joyful experience. What is going to happen to me when it becomes my time to swim?

I'll tell you a secret. I think I'll be ready to handle whatever comes.

-Ryan
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you, hippie...at least you're married. I won't have kids til I am and, on the cusp of my 30th birthday, I'm feeling empty; like there are two vital pieces of me missing. I have so many friends who have kids and they all gravitate to me, so I know I'll be a good mom, but I just want my chance to swim, too.

    ReplyDelete